Spindletop Charities, Inc. donates to organizations supporting youth in the Greater Houston Area.
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES – 2017
- The organization requesting funding must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Applications must be accompanied by a copy of the organization’s latest tax-exemption letter from the IRS and evidence as to the qualifications as a public charity organization as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Each application must be made in writing and should include the required information and/or additional materials indicated in the Spindletop Grant Application Form. Please also include a copy of the previous year’s Annual Report, if available.
- One hard-copy application is due/postmarked no later than August 15th . If an application is received or post marked later than August 15th the application will NOT be considered for funding. No exceptions. If hand delivered, application must be received by 5pm on August 15th.
The mailing/physical address:
Spindletop Charities, Inc.
3505 W. Sam Houston Parkway North
Houston, Texas 77043
- Requests for funds for capital campaigns and/or operational budgets will not be considered. This includes funding of salaries for individuals who oversee or implement fundraising activities.
- Organizations providing direct programming for under-served youth in the Houston area will be given preference when funding is considered, based on our founder’s mission to benefit “children in need”. However, any organization offering a unique service to youth is welcome to apply.
- Please note: Spindletop Charities, Inc. does not have an obligation to fund an organization which has received Spindletop funding in the past, unless a multi-year pledge is in place.
“To give away money is an easy matter and in any man’s power. But to decide to whom to give it and how large and when, and for what purpose and how, is neither in every man’s power nor an easy matter.”